The 2012 National Tornado Preparedness Summit was a HUGE SUCCESS! Thank you to everyone who attended and we hope to see you next year March 10, 11th and 12th, 2013!!!! Below is the wrap up video from the conference! Please enjoy!
The primary goal of the National Tornado Preparedness Summit is to improve disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery in order to save lives and property in the United States.
In addition, the conference serves as a national forum for insurance professionals and regulators as well as federal, state, and local officials to exchange ideas and recommend new policies to improve emergency management.
To achieve these goals, the inaugural summit emphasizes:
- All aspects of tornado mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Lessons learned from previous tornado disasters.
- Tour of the National Service Center in Norman, OK.
- New ideas being tested or considered.
- State of art programs worthy of mirroring.
- Gaining access to information about new or ongoing assistance programs.